Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the NAEYC online community, Hello. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the Community Manager at email@example.com. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Don't harshly challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may. If you have a question about the spirit in which to write your messages, please consider NAEYC's mission and core values and let that guide you.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion post, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Don't post links to websites where others can purchase your products or products that you recommend for purchase. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Nonprofit groups should not post links to their websites, other resources, or to promote events on any discussion post, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it, as this is considered and advertisement or a business solution regardless of whether it is free of charge or for a fee.
- Don't use Hello to promote/disseminate surveys of any kind. Only NAEYC may post surveys.
- Do not use hello to recruit research or interview subjects unless the request has been approved through NAEYC. To submit your requested use this form. All approved requests will be posted by NAEYC in the hello Community and/or another NAEYC communication channel.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see, or that you would not want anyone to know come from you.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or resource libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages, include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire discussion group when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Hello is a place for early childhood educators to share ideas around topics important to them. It is not a bulletin board to post upcoming events, webinars, conferences, publications and other resources, as this is considered an advertisement or a business solicitation regardless of whether it is free of charge or for a fee. If you are interested in promoting your resource through Hello please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about advertising opportunities.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you may do so in NAEYC's membership database:
Login here, click "my profile," and choose "change information" from the menu at the right. Find the fiends you would like to change. When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click "update information to save your changes.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says, "Long Message."
- Do not post partisan political statements aimed at influencing legislation or supporting opposing candidates for public office, or in a manner that otherwise violates the law.
The Legal Stuff
The National Association for the Education of Young Children does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the National Association for the Education of Young Children we will take all appropriate action.
The national Association for the Education of Young Children reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines. NAEYC is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site.